You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” runs through April 19, 2020 and includes rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
2. [2 p.m.] Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2019 through January 20, 2020.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Take a free guided hike at Franklin Canyon during the full moon. November’s full moon is called the Frost Moon and the hikes are family friendly and approximately 2.5 miles No pets are allowed. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Outdoor Voices, ROW DTLA, and Better Booch team up to host evening wellness gatherings for the month. This Wednesday head to ROW DTLA Building 1 Rooftop for a mat pilates work out led by Coreology followed by activations by The Things We Do & beverages from OLIPOP. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Games N’ Grooves Vol. 6: Mario Kart Edition at Angel City Brewery
6. [7 p.m.] Planetarium Show: Transit of Mercury hosted by the UCLA Planetarium.
7. [7 p.m.] This Wednesday KCRW Presents: Broken Record Live – Malcolm Gladwell & Flea in Conversation at the Palace Theatre. The pair will discuss Flea’s new memoir, Acid for the Children.
8. [8 p.m.] Pink’s is celebrating their 80th year in business with eight straight evenings of 80-cent hot dogs starting Friday, Nov. 8. The discounted dogs will be sold at 8 p.m. nightly for 80 minutes, plus each night features a different celebrity guest and proceeds go to charity.
9. [various] Instagram favorite 29Rooms returns with a new experience dubbed the “Expand Your Reality” tour. The third iteration will take place at the Beverly Venue by HD Buttercup from November 8-17.
10. [various] Restaurant Fest is back at Eataly L.A. November 1-17. Located inside the gorgeous Century City Westfield Mall, the event extends to all three restaurants housed at the Eataly L.A. complex. Diners get to choose two-courses from a set prix-fixe menu priced at $18 or $28 plus $25 bottles of vino.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)