You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 14, 2019 to Jan. 2, 2020 featuring a 7200 square foot outdoor ice-skating experience. A wide variety of events will take place throughout the duration of the rink.
2. [5 p.m.] Adult Swim Festival returns to the Banc of California Stadium in Downtown LA November 15-16 with a massive line-up of music, comedians and immersive fan experiences in true Adult Swim fashion. Musical acts include Helado Negro, Jamie XX, Lil Nas X. Activation highlights include a Rick and Morty “The Rickflector” machine that transports you into the show and the return of the popular Mechanical Hot Dog Ride.
3. [5 p.m.] TENDERFEST 2019 is a new festival celebrating the art of chicken tenders taking place at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills. The festival will feature some of the city’s best culinary icons offering up their own interpretations.
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Santa Monica on Friday with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB!
7. [8 p.m.] Metro Art Los Angeles present an all-new film screening series featuring animated films at Union Station. This Friday with a screening of Waking Life. The event is free and open to the public. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Pink’s is celebrating their 80th year in business with eight straight evenings of 80-cent hot dogs starting Friday, Nov. 8. The discounted dogs will be sold at 8 p.m. nightly for 80 minutes, plus each night features a different celebrity guest and proceeds go to charity.
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST returns Nov. 14-21 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
10. [various] Highways Performance Space & Gallery presents the inaugural Film Maudit 2.0 celebrating the work of outré filmmakers. The program will include six feature films and 40 shorts from around the globe making their Los Angeles premiere. The festival runs November 14-17.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)