You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Night in the City: L.A. After Dark is a three-part series co-produced by The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County and the Huntington-USC Institute on California and the West. Topics will include the noir landscapes imagined through films and novels, the science behind our evening skies, and more aimed to unmask our city after sunset. The full-day symposium from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. takes place at the Doheny Memorial Library. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The fourth official Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission Pow-Wow will take place at Grand Park with dancing, vendors, contests, arts and crafts, food and much more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Mercado Sagrado features artisan goods, healing arts and workshops, music and more, all designed to inspire a conscious living lifestyle. The two-day event takes place at King Gillette Ranch over the weekend of November 16-17.
4. [10 a.m.] Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair returns to Pasadena (November 16-17) with handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. Admission is free.
5. [11 a.m.] This November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month and the Wallis Annenberg PetSpace is partnering with Camp Golden Years and the County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control to host an adoption party for senior dogs this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Annenberg PetSpace will have family-friendly activities, complimentary food and drink, plus photo ops during the event. All are welcomed and it’s free to attend.
6. [noon] Celebrate the season with a Burbank Winter Wine Walk with wine tasting stations, live music, holiday lighting and even snowfall along the way.
7. [1 p.m.] Adult Swim Festival returns to the Banc of California Stadium in Downtown LA November 15-16 with a massive line-up of music, comedians and immersive fan experiences in true Adult Swim fashion. Musical acts include Helado Negro, Jamie XX, Lil Nas X. Activation highlights include a Rick and Morty “The Rickflector” machine that transports you into the show and the return of the popular Mechanical Hot Dog Ride.
8. [5:30 p.m.] There’s a Fall Star Party at Paramount Ranch hosted by rangers and astronomers, guests will partake in some stargazing through telescopes set up in the park. FREE
9. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [6 p.m.] L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)