You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] There’s a San Fernando Valley Audubon Bird Walk taking place at Malibu Creek State Park this Sunday. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Mercado Sagrado features artisan goods, healing arts and workshops, music and more, all designed to inspire a conscious living lifestyle. The two-day event takes place at King Gillette Ranch over the weekend of November 16-17.
3. [10 a.m.] Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair returns to Pasadena (November 16-17) with handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. Admission is free.
4. [11 a.m.] The Patchwork Show is a large showcase of handmade and artisan crafts and creations. Support some of the best independent creators throughout Southern California by buying local this holiday.
5. [noon] Every third Sunday of each month The Autry presents a Western Music Association Showcase from noon to 3 p.m. where musicians and cowboy poets perform stories and songs of the Old West, the open range and the all American cowboy. This event is free with your admission to the museum.
6. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
7. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [7:30 p.m.] The 18th Annual California Christmas at the Grove will feature a tree lighting ceremony, with magical snow fall, a fireworks show, an appearance by Santa and a special performance. FREE
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST November 14-21 returns to Hollywood for 2019 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)