You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, November 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Monday Night Seafood Boil at the Brixton Santa Monica.
2. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
3. [6 p.m.] Taste of the Rams brings together LA’s best chefs and the Rams football team for an evening of dining and mingling to raise awareness and funds for the Los Angeles Food Bank.
4. [6 p.m.] L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] OUE Skyspace host Yoga in the Sky a monthly yoga class 1,000 feet above the city. Class begins at 6 p.m. and guests need to bring their own mats.
6. [7 p.m.] The GRAMMY Museum is hosting a launch party for their brand new Latin Music Gallery featuring the debut exhibition Latin GRAMMY®, 20 Years Of Excellence. This free event also includes DJ-spun tunes, experiences and takeaways, drinks available for purchase, and more. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Roxane Gay, New York Times bestselling author of Bad Feminist, and Abbi Jacobson, star and co-creator of Comedy Central’s Broad City, will be in conversation at Second Home Hollywood to kick off The Great Human Series presented by the Corita Art Center in partnership with Second Home and KCRW. The Great Human Series is a reboot of the 1960’s lecture series organized by the late artist and educator, Corita Kent.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
9. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST November 14-21 returns to Hollywood for 2019 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)