You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
2. [10 a.m.] Mariachi Plaza Festival y Fiesta Anual de Santa Cecilia offers a free, family-friendly day of live music at Mariachi Plaza in Boyle Heights. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
4. [6 p.m.] L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] The California African American Museum presents a discussion with Academy Award-winning costume designer Ruth E. Carter and the founders of the Black Design Collective which include Angela Dean of Deanzign, Kevan Hall of Kevan Hall Designs, and T.J. Walker of Cross Colours. The event is free but seating is first come, first serve. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] NELA Tiki Tuesday at Sonny’s Hideaway.
7. [7 p.m.] Gilmore Girls Trivia at Limerick’s Tavern in DTLA.
8. [8 p.m.] Team Coco Presents Up & Up, a comedy and musical experience hosted by Moses Storm with special guests Todd Glass, Jenny Zigrino, Ian Edwards Max Silvestri and Solomon Georgio at Dynasty Typewriter.
10. [various] The annual AFI FEST November 14-21 returns to Hollywood for 2019 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)