You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 2, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Downtown Los Angeles’ 24th Street Theater will host its 12th Annual Dia de los Muertos Festivalthis Thursday. The block party will feature performances, crafts, homemade tamales, vendors, face painting and a graveyard where families can make their own altars for their departed loved ones. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Chinatown After Dark First Thursdays. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Culinary Fight Club L.A. Edition comes to Mi Cielo Rooftop Lounge in Downey for the ultimate seafood showdown. Marvel at the many ways seafood can be cooked when chefs are given 45 seconds to sprint to their pantries and 60 minutes to cook up the most “S.E.A. worthy” final plate.
4. [7 p.m.] Check out multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA at the Music Box in DTLA happening October 5 through November 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary experience, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths. Happening Thursdays through Sundays.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Visit the Hammer in Westwood for Latinas Out Loud: Ayer Es Hoy (Yesterday Is Today), a celebration of the richness of Latin American sounds of both the past and present. This musical event will feature Mexico Citys Sotomayor, South Los Angeles band Sin Color and the Chulita Vinyl Club returns to spin throughout the night. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience taking horror literature and turning them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery. It happens every Thursday through Sunday from September 28 through November 9. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The Actors Gang in Culver City will open their season with Captain Greedy’s Carnival, a musical satire mocking greed, humbug, corruption and predatory capitalism. Follow the story of four innocents who get tricked by a legendary con man. From there on they’ll encounter freaks, illusion, terrifying exhibitions and more. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8:15 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for LOL’s and cold beer during Last Laugh Comedy. FREE
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] Check out the Dia de los Muertos altars on display at Grand Park. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6 tix fot the Hanukkah Festival LA/LA at Skirball Cultural Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.