You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] WISHLIST, Gabba Gallery’s annual holiday show runs November 16 through December. Now in its seventh year, the event is a great way for folks getting into art collecting. Prices start at $50 and nothing is over $1000. Artworks are a mixed bag of local and international artists. Gallery hours are Wednesday through Saturday, from noon to 3 p.m., or by appointment.
2. [5 p.m.] There’s a Winter Bazaar Holiday Night Market at Yamashiro Hollywood featuring a craft fair and market to get your holiday shopping done, a dazzling light festival, live music, food, seasonal cocktails, Santa photos and much more. All ages are welcome. Free admission.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Magical Chinese Lantern Festival returns to Fairplex starting Nov. 21 with a new theme for 2019-2020: Blooming Seasons. This year’s festival offers lantern displays as large as 30-feet high and 85-feet wide, highlighted by a 100-yard-long breathtaking Ceramic Chinese Dragon. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6:15 p.m.] The InterContinental’s restaurants will host Sip & Dip Yoga on the 7th floor rooftop pool deck, overlooking Los Angeles city. Spire 73, La Boucherie, Sora and Dekkadance will serve sips from their restaurants.
7. [6:30 p.m.] The annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Union Station will kick-off the holiday season with a massive tree lighting and performances by Grand Arts Chamber Singers, The Beverly Belles and the Toy Soldiers Drumline. Guests will also enjoy a cocoa bar, snow on the south patio, photo-ops, arts & crafts and more. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Zócalo Public Square presents a panel discussion on “What Can Life on the U.S.-Mexico Border Teach America?” featuring El Paso-based correspondent for the Dallas Morning News Alfredo Corchado; Albuquerque Journal staff writer Angela Kocherga; cultural anthropologist and journalist Cecilia Ballí, and New York Times national correspondent Simon Romero. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] All My Single Friends is described as part comedy show and part live dating app taking place at the Copper Still. If you’re over Tinder and Bumble check this show out where you’ll be in a room with some of LA’s best comedians and singles.
10. [8 p.m.] Stop by The Queensberry for a cocktail class, learn the techniques used by the pros and then make your very own classic and contemporary cocktails, with a heavy emphasis on whiskeys.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)