You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society (SMBAS) invites the public to their monthly Malibu Lagoon Field Trip with an adult 8:30 a.m. walk and a walk for parents and children at 10 a.m. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From November 22 to December 1 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
3. [11 a.m.] Take part in this year’s infamous Pasadena Doo Dah Parade, which features a colorful cast of misfits, art cars, floats and more, followed by an afterparty.
4. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown November 23-24 for a diverse showcase of indie craft and design artisans and makers plus local food vendors, DJ sets and more.
5. [noon] This Saturday and Sunday Amazon Prime Video will transform The Rose Bowl into a Victorian fair with period performers, vendors, a “Mammoth” hot air balloon and more, all inspired by the movie, The Aeronauts. Dubbed The Aeronauts’ Incredible Journey, the fair is free to attend and a screening of the film will be on the world’s first Fly-In Theatre: a 20-foot LED screen wrapped 360 degrees around a second hot air balloon. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] Dog for Dog hosts a “Dog Day Afternoon” at Boomtown Brewery this Sunday. Guests can bring their pooches and enjoy digital portrait of their pets by Michael Dill-Cruz, dog treats, toys, games, prizes, craft beer, delicious human food options and mingling with fellow canine lovers. A portion of all proceeds will go to help West LA Animal Shelter, who were on the frontlines this fire season and gave respite to animals and their families in need.
7. [5:30 p.m.] The Museum of Tolerance is offering a free screening of Emanuel, The Untold Story of the Victims and Survivors of the Charleston Church Shooting. Admission is free but an RSVP must be made here.
8. [5:30 p.m.] The Magical Chinese Lantern Festival returns to Fairplex starting Nov. 21 with a new theme for 2019-2020: Blooming Seasons. This year’s festival offers lantern displays as large as 30-feet high and 85-feet wide, highlighted by a 100-yard-long breathtaking Ceramic Chinese Dragon. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
10. [6 p.m.] The 2019 Depeche Mode Convention returns for another year of live musical tributes, DM karaoke, DJ sets, rare videos, contests, collectibles and much more.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: MUST SEE: Unidentified Landed Object (ULO) at ROW DTLA is offering limited $9 tickets to its newest interactive art experience, Cyber Spirits– use code “WELIKELA” for special rate.