You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From November 22 to December 1 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
2. [9 a.m.] The 14th Annual Great Los Angeles Walk is a longstanding bi-pedal tradition. This year the journey will take the public through the SGV, Northeast L.A. and all the way to City Hall in Downtown. FREE
3. [noon] This Saturday and Sunday Amazon Prime Video will transform The Rose Bowl into a Victorian fair with period performers, vendors, a “Mammoth” hot air balloon and more, all inspired by the movie, The Aeronauts. Dubbed The Aeronauts’ Incredible Journey, the fair is free to attend and a screening of the film will be on the world’s first Fly-In Theatre: a 20-foot LED screen wrapped 360 degrees around a second hot air balloon. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown November 23-24 for a diverse showcase of indie craft and design artisans and makers plus local food vendors, DJ sets and more.
5. [1:30 p.m.] The Autry will host an afternoon screening of the 1958 western The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold. Also, Saturday and Sunday The Autry will hold their annual Latin American Bazaar featuring specially crafted artisan pieces for sale that includes clothing, rugs, pottery and more.
6. [2 & 4 p.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles will host a Rice Lecture & Tasting with the National Agricultural Research Organization of Japan (NARO). Participants will learn about Japanese short-grain rice and join in a professional-level sensory test of rice, sampling from four types. Participants will also receive a souvenir to take home. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] OUE Skyspace LA will host a special day party from 3 to 8 p.m. with DJ Flavien spinning tunes and drink specials being offered in their new Garden Bar.
8. [5:30 p.m.] The Magical Chinese Lantern Festival returns to Fairplex starting Nov. 21 with a new theme for 2019-2020: Blooming Seasons. This year’s festival offers lantern displays as large as 30-feet high and 85-feet wide, highlighted by a 100-yard-long breathtaking Ceramic Chinese Dragon. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday from November 9 through January 12, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: MUST SEE: Cyber Spirits, a “Disneyland ride meets art gallery” experience by Unidentified Landed Object (ULO) at ROW DTLA. Use code “WELIKELA” for $9 tickets.