You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] It’s that time of the year to celebrate the holiday season, which is the main purpose of Fa La Land, a pop up museum at Row DTLA. Guests will enjoy a wide variety of installations like a Jingle Bell Toy Factory and a fluorescent “Fa La Forest.” Fa La Land runs Nov. 18 through Jan. 6, 2019. Happening Tuesdays through Sundays.
2. [11 a.m.] Check out LACMA’s latest exhibit, Outliers and American Vanguard Art, which highlights a period in American art history when avant-garde artists and outliers (that is, artists without formal training) intersected.
3. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019 daily. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
4. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] See a fake American Town Hall set in a “new” town but really it’s at The Virgil. The hilarious comedy show donates all ticket sales to the ACLU!
7. [7 p.m.] The Moth presents another night of competitive storytelling at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Fear.
8. [8 p.m.] A conversation with Bob Woodward at Microsoft Theater.
9. [all day] Head down to The Los Angeles Convention Center for AutoMobilityLA (Nov. 26 – Nov. 29) for a collection of auto enthusiasts and industry professional presenting panels, talks, networking events. The gathering will feature major announcements, debuts of vehicles, and more to explore. FREE
10. [various] Beautycon is offering a pop up expereince titled Beautycon POP from Nov. 16 through Dec. 16 daily featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar