You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 28, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [various] First and foremost, have a happy Thanksgiving holiday! Enjoy the day in the comfort of your own home or dine out at the many restaurants open on Turkey Day (we’ve got seven solid ideas).
2. [8 a.m.] Go Get Em Tiger presents their annual holiday drink service all day until 2 p.m. FREE
3. [8 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From November 22 to December 1 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
4. [8 a.m.] The 7th Annual Day of Thanks & Giving at MacArthur Park has a goal to serve all 700 expected guests. On top of that, they’ll also be accepting clothing donations. All volunteers for food prep must rsvp ahead of time.
5. [11 a.m.] The 49th annual Dinner in the Park at Union Station Homeless Services in Pasadena will feed thousands of homeless and low-income individuals and families this Thanksgiving. The event brings members of the community together to share holiday cheer with those who have nowhere to go this holiday. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Guests of Cafe Gratitude Venice will receive a free Thanksgiving inspired vegan plate. Like every year the deal is on a first come, first serve basis from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (or while still available). FREE
7. [1, 3 & 5 p.m.] This Thanksgiving the Laugh Factory in Hollywood welcomes all those who are living in L.A. away from home, homeless, or simply in need of a good meal and hearty laugh. Top comics will join other celebrities to serve guests a turkey dinner with all the trimmings free of charge. This tradition has been going strong for 40 years. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Natasha Leggero, Moshe Kasher, Tim Dillon, and Erik Griffin perform at the Comedy Store.
10. [various] “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” starts on Thanksgiving Day at Universal Studios once again serving a heavy dose of Hogwarts-themed holiday magic.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)