You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 29, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 a.m.] It’s Black Friday at NKLA and the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center where all pet adoption fees will be waived thanks to sponsors Petco Foundation and BOBS from SKECHERS. Each pet is spayed or neutered, micro-chipped, and vaccinated so you’ll get to take them home! FREE
2. [8 a.m.] Instead of Black Friday, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden in Claremont will celebrate Green Friday with free admission to the garden and a special sale at their garden store. FREE
3. [9 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From November 22 to December 1 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
4. [10 a.m.] “Block Friday” at Maple Block Meat Co is a Black Friday deal everyone can get behind. From 10 a.m. to noon their new breakfast burrito will be offered at just $5. Normally $14, the burrito is served in a grilled flour tortilla with scrambled eggs, brisket machado and served with house-made salsa. The other deal takes place during lunch from 2 to 3 p.m. where their brisket will be offered at $5 a pound until they are sold out. Brisket is normally $25 a pound and Maple Block Meat Co expects this to be a busy time, so come in early.
5. [10 a.m.] Bob Baker Marionette Theater will commemorate their 56th birthday with a grand opening event with puppet shows on the hour, special exhibits, activities, walk-around puppets throughout the day and a virtual reality Bob Baker experience.
6. [2 p.m.] Dive into the holiday season with a Queen Mary Christmas! Kicking off this Friday, the special event will see Christmas spirit lining the famous Long Beach vessel until January 1, 2020. Activities include a 26 feet tall Christmas tree, variety of holiday activities, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and much more.
7. [3 p.m.] Two Bit Circus will open early for a Black Friday Happy Hour from 3-9 p.m. where you’ll score $6 beers, drinks and bites.
8. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through Janury 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [midnight] There’s a midnight showing of Pulp Fiction in 35mm at New Beverly Cinema to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the iconic cult film.
10. [various] “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” starts on Thanksgiving Day at Universal Studios once again serving a heavy dose of Hogwarts-themed holiday magic.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Take the whole family to OUE Skyspace with the Family Funday package! Valid every day from 10:00am to 4:00pm and includes admission, Skyslide rides, drink vouchers, and more for 4 people. Savings of $75+!