You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, November 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] It’s that time of the year to celebrate the holiday season, which is the main purpose of Fa La Land, a pop up museum at Row DTLA. Guests will enjoy a wide variety of installations like a Jingle Bell Toy Factory and a fluorescent “Fa La Forest.” Fa La Land runs Nov. 18 through Jan. 6, 2019. Happening Tuesdays through Sundays.
2. [noon] Notorious RBG explores the life and career of Ruth Bader Ginsburg through a collection of contemporary art, archives, interactives, archival photographs and more. Each gallery section will allude to a song by the Notorious B.I.G. as the name of the exhibit suggests, and will playfully bring out the similarities between the two. Happening at the Skirball Cultural Center. The exhibit runs until March 10. The museum is free every Thursday. FREE
3. [noon] Party With is Los Angeles’ new Instagram-ready experience. Opening it’s doors on Friday Nov. 16 in Westfield Santa Anita Mall, folks can expect 15 premium photogenic installations like an infinity rainbow and a room filled with sparkling disco balls. Party With runs through January 27 and is open Thursdays through Sundays.
4. [3 p.m.] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] Winterfest at Santa Anita Park kicks off the holiday season in style. This family friendly event includes a visit from Santa Claus, horse drawn carriage rides a Santa’s Village and petting zoo, carolers, seasonal foods, 80+ vendors and much more. Winterfest continues Thursdays through Sunday from November 23 through December 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6:30 p.m.] The third annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Union Station will kick-off the holiday season with a massive tree lighting and performances by The Los Angeles Symphonic Winds, as well as the Grand Arts Chamber Singers. Guests will also enjoy a cocoa bar, craft zone, Santa and a kids zone. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] KCRW Presents: Elvis Costello at The Wiltern.
8. [9 p.m.] That’s What I Call Karaoke: 90s Karaoke at Los Globos.
9. [various L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Beautycon is offering a pop up experience titled Beautycon POP from Nov. 16 through Dec. 16 daily featuring immersive galleries, makeup brands, vendors, a salon and other beauty related activities.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar