You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 4, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Bird Fest returns to the Santa Monica Mountains with guided bird walks, kids activities, booths, food, and presentations from local bird experts. The festival will also feature an appearance by Dolly, a California Condor from the Los Angeles Zoo. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Long Beach Airport’s annual Festival of Flight is a free community celebration featuring aircraft on static display, food trucks, a beer garden, and live music. This year’s event will feature a C-17 from March Airforce Base, the Charger Girls and more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Join the L.A. Conservancy for a walking tour of Wilshire Blvd. in Koreatown. Explore Koreatown’s architecture and history with access to about half a dozen sites, with informative Conservancy docents on hand to share cultural, historical, and architectural info.
4. [11 a.m.] The third annual Grand Ave Arts: All Access returns to DTLA this Saturday and invites Angelenos to explore ten cultural institutions along Grand Avenue including the Broad, Mark Taper Forum and Grand Park. FREE
5. [noon] Enjoy a circus-style beer festival when the Lagunitas Beer Circus takes over the Pomona Fairplex. Get your hands on newly released beers, enjoy live music, sexy burlesque dancers, stunning aerialists and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [noon] The Pizza & Beer Festival heads to L.A. Center Studios in Downtown L.A. for a day of unlimited pizza tastings from some of the top restaurant and trucks. Wash it all down with unlimited craft beer tastings from local and regional breweries. In addition to food there will be live music, boutique art vendors, games and hand-rolled cigars for your smoking pleasure.
7. [1 p.m.] Feastown at Eastown, a new, bimonthly popup night marketplace featuring food vendors and live music, debuted in Hollywood October and now returns for two Saturdays in November with a Thanksgiving-theme. There is no cover to attend. Part of the proceeds from food purchases will go to help locals in need.
8. [4 p.m.] Self Help Graphics & Art is hosting their 44th annual celebration of Día de los Muertos in Boyle Heights this Saturday featuring a traditional ceremony blessing, food and craft vendors, face painting and children’s workshops. FREE
9. [6 p.m.] OUE Skyspace LA is hosting a “Holiday Spirits” event where guests will learn how to create holiday cocktails, listen to holiday tunes and enjoy a ride on the Skyslide. Your ticket will also get you take-home recipe cards, admission to all four levels of OUE Skyspace LA, complimentary food and drinks, and more.
10. [8:30 p.m.] The inaugural DOPIUM.LA event will take place in the heart of Chinatown at Mandarin Plaza. The one-night art festival celebrates Asian American expression through food, music and never-before-seen art exhibits. The event aims to re-brand Chinatown as a modern, creative place. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show with Dane Cook, Darrell Hammond, Kevin Nealon and a special guest. (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.