You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] West Hollywood’s New England-inspired seafood eatery, Connie and Ted’s will host Teddy’s Talk: A Discussion of Oysters. Executive Chef Samuel Baxter, in collaboration with Blue Island Oysters’ Todd Rubenstein, will lead the discussion followed by a hands-on oyster demo and then a sit-down four-course dinner with wine pairings.
3. [6 p.m.] ICA LA will host an Election Day results viewing party from 6 to 9 p.m. Come and show off your official “I Voted” sticker and receive a free, one-of-a-kind, over-printed vintage piece designed by Election Reform! by Brendan Fowler + Denim Tears by Tremaine Emory. First come, first served while supplies last.
4. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a night of curated special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Beginnings.
6. [8 p.m.] This Tuesday, Pabst Blue Ribbon Sound Society presents Women in the Arts at 1700 NAUD. The event features mural installations from local Los Angeles artists Alex Bowman, Grace Danico, and Ashley Lukashevsky.DJ set by Taja Barber and a special live performance by rapper Kari Faux. Peaches Food Truck will provide free delicious treats as well! RSVP here. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Come help celebrate singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell’s 75th birthday with special performances featuring Seal, Norah Jones, Graham Nash, Emmylou Harris and more covering some of the best songs throughout Mitchell’s discography.
8. [various] Are you planning to vote this Tuesday? Several local establishments will offer some great deals for customers who come in wearing their “I voted” stickers. Additionally, for those of you who need help getting to the polls, L.A. Metro, Lyft, and Uber are all offering free or discounted rides. Check this massive list of Election Day specials—ranging from cheap beer to free fitness classes.
9. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.