You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 1, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Grand Central Market in DTLA turns into a holiday marketplace on December 1-2. featuring local artisans and purveyors. In addition to shopping, ticketed workshops, live music and holiday inspired offerings from food hall vendors. Admission is free.
2. [11 a.m.] The Devan Shah Tea Festival comes to Pasadena Rose Bowl December 1 and 2 for one of the nation’s largest tea festivals uniting tea enthusiasts and experts for two days of tea talk and tasting.
3. [11 a.m.] Winterfest at Santa Anita Park kicks off the holiday season in style. This family friendly event includes a visit from Santa Claus, horse drawn carriage rides a Santa’s Village and petting zoo, carolers, seasonal foods, 80+ vendors and much more. Winterfest continues Thursdays through Sunday from November 23 through December 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)v
4. [noon] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] Travel back in time to 1918 during the Heritage Square Lamplight Holiday Celebration (Dec. 1-2). The event, which tells a narrative story throughout its runtime, features a walk through of Heritage Square Museum and various Victorian Homes. Attendees will also be invited to enjoy a cheese and wine reception along with deserts and caroling.
6. [6 p.m.] Afters Ice Cream will launch a collaboration with animated series Rick and Morty this Saturday at all 25 SoCal locations. Two new ice cream flavors and exclusive clothing and merchandise will be released. The stores will also be decked out in Rick and Morty decor. All locations will offer its first 50 customers a free Afters Ice Cream and Rick and Morty collaboration t-shirt with any ice cream purchase starting at 6 p.m. on December 1.
7. [6 p.m.] On Saturday the Belmont Shore Christmas Parade will have marching bands, school groups, floats and much more shutting down the streets for a massive holiday celebration. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Enjoy a special performance of The Nutcracker (Dec. 1 – 24.) by the American Contemporary Ballet high above the city. After the show, guests are invited by The Fairy for a celebration with live music, champagne, and more.
9. [all day] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
10. [various] HYPERSPECTIVE, a free immersive film festival comes to the Ace Hotel in DTLA Nov. 30 through Dec. 2 with over a dozen top immersive films will be screened in a 360-degree dome theatre. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar