You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From Nov. 30 to Dec. 9 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
2. [10 a.m.] It’s that time of the year to celebrate the holiday season, which is the main purpose of Fa La Land, a pop up museum at Row DTLA. Guests will enjoy a wide variety of installations like a Jingle Bell Toy Factory and a fluorescent “Fa La Forest.” Fa La Land runs Nov. 18 through Jan. 6, 2019. Happening Tuesdays through Sundays.
3. [10 a.m.] Party With is Los Angeles’ new Instagram-ready experience. Opening it’s doors on Friday Nov. 16 in Westfield Santa Anita Mall, folks can expect 15 premium photogenic installations like an infinity rainbow and a room filled with sparkling disco balls. Party With runs through January 27 and is open Thursdays through Sundays.
4. [10:30 a.m.] Since 1969 Bob Baker’s Marionette Theater’s adaptation of the Nutcracker has been warming hearts and delighting kids and adults during the holidays. The show includes over 100 handmade puppets at the Pasadena Playhouse. Running now until Dec. 30.
5. [11 a.m.] LACMA’s latest exhibit, Outliers and American Vanguard Art, highlight a period in American art history when avant-garde artists and outliers (that is, artists without formal training) intersected.
6. [3 p.m.] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] Winterfest at Santa Anita Park kicks off the holiday season in style. This family friendly event includes a visit from Santa Claus, horse drawn carriage rides a Santa’s Village and petting zoo, carolers, seasonal foods, 80+ vendors and much more. Winterfest continues Thursdays through Sunday from November 23 through December 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7 p.m.] The Silent Skate Party is back at the Pershing Square Holiday Ice Rink. Headphones are provided to all skaters, who then have the ability to choose one of three stations to skate to.
9. [7 p.m.]There’s a Tree Lighting Celebration at the Pasadena Playhouse courtyard. Guests are invited to join in for complimentary hot chocolate and coffee from Zona Rosa Caffe, live music, and a special performance by the Bob Baker Marionette Theater. This event is part of Holiday Concerts in the Playhouse District, taking place on Friday nights from November 30 through December 21. FREE
10. [various] HYPERSPECTIVE, a free immersive film festival comes to the Ace Hotel in DTLA Nov. 30 through Dec. 2 with over a dozen top immersive films will be screened in a 360-degree dome theatre. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar