You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 11, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Dirty John is a Los Angeles Times true-crime podcast about a diabolical con man who married a rich Newport Beach woman and turned her life upside down. It was the #1 iTunes podcast for 31 days. Dirty John Live will offer an expert panel breaking down the story, sharing inside info and playing never-heard-before audio.
5. [7 p.m.] The Wallis presents Social Activism & the Arts: Lessons from the Legacy of Dick Gregory. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
8. [7 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. This week they will screen Die Hard. FREE
9. [7:15 p.m.] LiveRead/LA #12 w/ Insider, Shawn Box (Writer on Silicon Valley).
10. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum continues the The Contenders film series on Tuesday with a screening of Lady Bird.
7. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 tix to School of Rock at the Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.