You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 10, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10.
2. [9 a.m.] CicLAvia brings their final open streets fest of the year to Wilshire Blvd. FREE
3. [4 p.m.] The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is reopening to the public this Friday. To celebrate the museum will offer free admission from December 8-17. Among the exhibitions on view will be Winds from Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century, which showcases the connection between the creative communities of Mexico and China in the last century, and is presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Refinery29 presents 29Rooms, a festival in Downtown L.A. focused on style, culture, and technology. The fest runs back-to-back weekends (December 7 – 10 & December 14 – 17) at ROW DTLA.
5. [11 a.m.] This Sunday the Hanukkah Festival: LA/LA will take place at the Skirball Cultural Center. Highlights include Latin Jewish bands, cumbia dance lessons, hands-on art activities, a chocolate decorating workshop & live storytelling. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED
6. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair comes to Los Angeles State Historic Park for a two-day showcase of some of the best independent craft and design work from artisans and makers.
7. [3 p.m.] Pee Cast Blast, an all-day, Monsters of Rock-style event featuring the best comedy podcasts of all time takes at the Theatre at Ace Hotel.
8. [4 p.m.] Head to the South Bay for a day of holiday festivities, live music and the famous Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks Show. The fireworks spectacle begins at 7 p.m. but you won’t want to miss the full day of fun that includes a snow park and sled hill. FREE
9. [4 p.m.] The 36th Annual Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade will take place this Sunday. This year’s theme is “Peace on Earth” with the parade starting at the corner of Eastern and Sherman Canal at 4 p.m. FREE
10. [4 p.m.] The Griffith Park Festival of Lights Hike 2017 returns on Sunday. Join a cheery group of hikers as they wear lit outfits by way of Christmas lights for a hike up Mount Hollywood. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 tix to School of Rock at the Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.