You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Echo Park Community Parade will include dancers, clubs, vehicles and more parading down Sunset Blvd. between Vin Scully Ave. to Park Ave. the day will also include live music on the main stage. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Japanese Food Lab presents New Year’s Mochi an afternoon workshop dedicated to the sticky pounded rice beloved by Japan called mochi. In this workshop, participants will make and create their own mochi plus taste various types of ozoni (rice cakes) from across Japan.
3. [11 a.m.] Now in its 25th year, Bergamot Station will host their Holiday Open House featuring work, creations and products designed by the creative community and businesses in the complex. Live entertainment, a holiday pop up market and festive food will also be available. Admission is free and open to the public. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the magic of the holiday season in Marina del Rey with a full day of events that will have you partying from day to night. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Snow Wonder a lively family event will be activated featuring real snow, sledding, arts & crafts and more. Then at 5:55 p.m. fireworks will kick off the 57th annual Marina del Rey Holiday Boat Parade from 6-8 p.m. where beautifully lit-up boats will make their way around the marina in full holiday display. FREE
5. [noon] This Saturday there’s a Holiday Craft Party happening at Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles. Workshops will range from $1 to $10 each. Guests will also enjoy shopping from vendors, artisanal snacks and beer from Brouwerij West. Admission into the party is free.
6. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
7. [5 p.m.] The 73rd Annual Naples Island Holiday Boat Parade comes to Long Beach on Saturday with an entertaining display of boats in all shapes and sizes. This year’s theme is “Christmas Under The Sea.” FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Corey Helford Gallery’s sixth annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show opens this Saturday with affordable 12” x 12” works from 100 top New Contemporary artists, giving new art collectors and enthusiasts a chance to buy an original piece from artists. The show will be on view through January 18, 2020.
9. [7:30 p.m.] The folks over at Cinespia will host a Gremlins Holiday Party at The Palace Theatre. It’s the 35th anniversary of the movie and guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite character or in festive holiday garb. The evening will have you enjoying a bar, themed photo-booth and a screening of the cult classic.
10. [7:30 p.m.] CAGES is a brand new pop-rock musical from duo Woolf and the Wondershow that pushes the boundaries of what can be done on stage using elements of performance, projection, and sound. Shows run through Dec. 21.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)