You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] On Sunday morning there’s a curling instructional pop-up at the outdoor rink in Downtown Burbank presented by Hollywood Curling.
2. [10 a.m.] ThriftCon LA takes over The Los Angeles Convention Center with over 100 vendors and multiple activations and installations that celebrate vintage and retro culture. Bring five or more pieces of clothing for a donation drive benefitting Union Rescue Mission and Shelter Partnership. In return you’ll receive a free shopping bag (while supplies last).
3. [11 a.m.] Wallis Annenberg PetSpace will host a Pawliday Market this Sunday that includes a shopping experience, kid-friendly activities, a pet supply drive, and photos with Santa for both humans and canines alike. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] This Sunday the Hanukkah Festival at the Skirball Cultural Center returns with live musical performances, hands-on art activities, live storytelling special Hanukkah dishes and access to the museums exhibits.
5. [noon] The Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge’s 14th Annual Tiki Wonderland returns this Sunday with vendors, art, live music, DJ tunes and delicious tiki libations.
6. [1 p.m.] CAAM Maker Fest welcomes all ages for a day of creating led by local artists. Workshops include embellishing clothing with retro cartoons; making music shakers from recycled materials; and a demonstrate on how to create relief portraits. FREE
7. [4 p.m.] Head to STEEP in Chinatown for the opening reception for HOME: A Food Photography Exhibit from 4-7 p.m. Curated by Jenni Hwang the show highlights the talented photographers we have in Los Angeles. Works shown will be on sale and proceeds will benefit local Chinatown non-profit Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality. STEEP will provide complimentary wine, sparking wine, and tea during the event. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
8. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
9. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
10. [7:30 p.m.] The Red Lion Tavern in Silver Lake is screening The Star Wars Holiday Special as part of their monthly movie night program.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)