You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 28, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena hosts Snow Days from Dec. 26-30. The event features real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [noon] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 5, 2020. FREE
3. [1 p.m.] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses presents SIP & SAVOR a special food festival highlighting Southern California eateries and culinary brands. There will be live entertainment and up-close viewings of Rose Parade float decorating (extra fee). The event takes place December 28-30.
4. [2 p.m.] The Santa Monica Mountains Fund will host FILMS. FIRE. FAST CARS, a tour of Paramount Ranch. Join a ranger on a short walk through the ranch to learn about its Hollywood ties, the dangerous racetrack and what happened to the ranch during the Woolsey Fire in 2018. The walk is held from 2 to 3 p.m. Meet at the trailhead kiosk in the parking lot. Wear sturdy shoes for uneven terrain. Note that rain will cancel this event. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] Marina Lights Movie Night will screen Avengers: End Game for free at Burton Chace Park. Before the show, carolers will perform holiday classics and guest can check out a photo booth, sip on hot cocoa and more. The screening takes place at 6 p.m.
6. [5 p.m.] Yuletide Cinemaland offers a festive outdoor movie screening experience in a Victorian town square surrounded by Christmas carolers, food trucks, a Holiday Light Tunnel, Scrooge’s Dance Hall and more. This weekend they’ll be screening a double feature of The Muppet Christmas Carrol and How The Grinch Stole Christmas on Friday; Elf on Saturday and Edward Scissorhands on Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
8. [7 p.m.] A new immersive experience transports guests to 1960s Berlin for a night of intrigue and espionage. Step into Crimson Cabaret nightclub and sip on era-inspired craft cocktails, listen to live original music, and take part in a world full of secrets where no one can be trusted and secret agents might approach you with a mission to complete. Crimson Cabaret wraps up its run this Friday through Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [7:30 p.m.] Spin your 2019 woes into comedy gold with Fuck This Year, a comedy show at UCB Sunset based on audience suggestions of their worst experiences of the year that’s almost over.
10. [9 p.m.] Electric Feels brings an experiential dance party featuring all Indie Rock + Indie Dance tunes to the Echoplex. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Ring in the New Year at Skyspace, Los Angeles’ highest venue! Enjoy two floors of entertainment from three DJs, two open-air terraces, four-hour open bar, appetizers and unlimited Skyslide rides. VIP Booths are available on both floors and include admission for eight people, plus two bottles and three prix fixe appetizers for eight people. Make your plans now!