You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 29, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena hosts Snow Days from Dec. 26-30. The event features real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [9:30 a.m.] L.A.’s adorable cat cafe Crumbs & Whiskers will host yoga this Sunday. Please bring your own mat and water for this one hour session.
3. [noon] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 5, 2020. FREE
4. [10:45 a.m.] Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all levels of experience with a donation of $15-20 that includes a free drink at the end.
5. [1 p.m.] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses presents SIP & SAVOR a special food festival highlighting Southern California eateries and culinary brands. There will be live entertainment and up-close viewings of Rose Parade float decorating (extra fee). The event takes place December 28-30.
6. [5 p.m.] BUSted! True stories about getting around L.A. without driving will have five featured story tellers for this Sunday’s performance at Stories Books and Cafe. FREE
7. [5 p.m.] Yuletide Cinemaland offers a festive outdoor movie screening experience in a Victorian town square surrounded by Christmas carolers, food trucks, a Holiday Light Tunnel, Scrooge’s Dance Hall and more. This weekend they’ll be screening a double feature of The Muppet Christmas Carrol and How The Grinch Stole Christmas on Friday; Elf on Saturday and Edward Scissorhands on Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Stop in the Zebulon for Friends and Gay Shit, a comedy show that features some of the cities best character improvisers interviewed by queer clown couple Nic Scheppard and Jenson Titus Lavallee.
9. [9 p.m.] Every Sunday is Siren Karaoke at The Mermaid bar from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. for all you late night singers.
10. [various] Discover the best in foreign-language cinema during the Golden Globe Nominees Series, a week of special screenings from Dec. 29 to Jan. 4 at the Egyptian and Aero Theatres.