You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena hosts Snow Days from Dec. 26-30. The event features real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [10 a.m. & 1 p.m.] Pasadena Architectural Legacy Tours will focus on Bungalow Heaven and the Hillcrest Neighborhood. Guests will learn about the architectural history of a location and explore various architectural styles.
3. [1 p.m.] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses presents SIP & SAVOR a special food festival highlighting Southern California eateries and culinary brands. There will be live entertainment and up-close viewings of Rose Parade float decorating (extra fee). The event takes place December 28-30.
4. [2 p.m.] New Beverly Cinema’s Monday Matinees screens Brazil in 35mm.
5. [2 p.m.] Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2019 through January 20, 2020.
6. [5 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020.
7. [8 p.m.] Pub Trivia at the Red Lion Tavern.
8. [9 p.m.] Motown on Mondays at The Short Stop features special guest Wyatt Case.
9. [11 p.m.] Great Moments In Comedy Made Worse at the UCB Franklin.
10. [various] Discover the best in foreign-language cinema during the Golden Globe Nominees Series, a week of special screenings from Dec. 29 to Jan. 4 at the Egyptian and Aero Theatres.