You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] LA Auto Show returns with thousand cars on display. From Nov. 30 to Dec. 9 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
2. [3 p.m.] Step into a world of limitless creativity and unlock new realms of photography inside Canon PORTALS, coming to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica (Nov. 29 – Dec 16). The ongoing series of events features photo-walks, workshops, and on-site camera experts. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 10, 2018 through January 6, 2019.
4. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019 daily. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
5. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a month-long nighttime light attraction featuring 19 large scale interactive light installations by local artists. Open to the public from December 1 – 25, 2018. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] It’s Holiday Tree Lighting time for the city of San Gabriel. Festivities begin at 6p.m. at Plaza Park across from City Hall. Ornament making, live entertainment by local schools and youth groups, and an appearance by Santa Claus will all be part of the celebration. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Support a good cause and fill your belly during Chefs Stand Up happening at The Standard in DTLA. The series invites some of the best, award-winning chefs from across the country to create a one-time-only meal and artwork combination. This month Alex Raij and Eder Montero from La Vara, Txikito, El Quinto Pino, and Saint Julivert in NYC.
8. [7:30 p.m.] For The Record presents the world premiere production of Love Actually Live at The Wallis. The musical will bring one of the most beloved holiday movies to life through an all-star cast and 15-piece orchestra. Playing December 4-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] SoulPancake Live, a Night Exploring Radical Generosity at the Los Angeles Theatre Center.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar