You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 30, 2019 through January 12, 2020.
3. [5 p.m.] Here and Now transforms it’s space into a holiday bar called Blitzen’s from December 3-31. Get transported to the the North Pole and enjoy 15 festival cocktails, a seasonal food menu with offerings like Christmas poutine, themed entertainment and more.
4. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
5. [7 p.m.] KCRW Presents The Biggest Little Farm Live To Picture In Concert as Emmy winning composer Jeff Beal conducts his score with the Hollywood Chamber Orchestra.
6. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 15, 2019 through January 5, 2020 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] The team behind LA’s award-winning series For The Record has a new production coming to The Wallis’ Bram Goldsmith Theater. Richard Curtis’s Love Actually will be transformed into a one-of-a-kind multimedia screen and stage event. The film and live music blend together as the story unfolds throughout the London setting. Performances continue through December 29
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Contenders film series returns to The Hammer Museum with 10 screenings curated by The Museum of Modern Art. The films selected are new films believed to stand the test of time in influence. This Wednesday they’ll screen One Child Nation, followed by Q&A with director Nanfu Wang, moderated by La Frances Hui.
9. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group presents an all new holiday-horror-theatre attraction titled Dark Dark Ride Ride Holiday Nightmare. It’s a “wild ride through winter wonderHELL” that takes place Wednesdays through Saturdays from December 4-21.
10. [8 p.m.] Risk! the show where people tell true stories they never thought they’d dare to share, stops by The Virgil this Wednesday with jaw-dropping and hilarious stories.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to Yuletide Cinemaland screenings at Heritage Square (via Goldstar)