You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 7, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
NOTE: With the numerous wildfires and extreme wind conditions around SoCal today, our top priority is that you stay safe. Remember that you can sign up for emergency notifications from the City of Los Angeles – Emergency Management Department in order to stay updated on any important messages relevant to your location.
1. [9 a.m.] The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10.
2. [11 a.m.] Refinery29 presents 29Rooms, a festival in Downtown L.A. focused on style, culture, and technology. The fest runs back-to-back weekends (December 7 – 10 & December 14 – 17) at ROW DTLA.
3. [2 p.m.] The Museum of Failure is coming to Los Angeles starting this Saturday at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits will include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Enjoy the world premiere of a new version of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker at Dorothy Chandler Pavilion from December 7-10. Check for discounted tickets on select dates before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] The Sorting Room kicks off its winter session this Thursday with a performance by Tony Award winning composer Jason Robert Brown. The series runs for two weeks (through December 21) and includes special happy hour drink deals beforehand, plus an eclectic mix of headliners including presenting poets, composers, jazz singers, and cabaret singers.
6. [7 p.m.] Celebrate the holidays during Plactica y Pruebas: The History of Chocolate at LA Plaza De Culturas y Artes. Trace the history chocolate while enjoying authentic Aztec hot chocolate and champurrado.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum continues the The Contenders film series on Tuesday with a screening of Get Out, plus Q&A with Jordan Peele.
8. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club Ultimate Holiday Movie Series will host a month-long schedule of Christmas inspired movie screenings from December 1-23 on Tuesday and through the weekend. The series continues this Wednesday with a screening of Die Hard.
9. [8 p.m.] Downtown Culver’s annual Tree Lighting Celebration returns this Thursday with live performances and a visit from the man himself, Santa Claus.
10. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $14.50 tix to CHILL Ice Adventure Park at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.