You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 7, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Do some good during LA River Action Day. Join Waterkeeper Alliance, LA Waterkeeper and Southgate’s STEAM Legacy High School to learn more about the issues and opportunities facing the LA River. The day includes a rapid trash assessment and clean-up, river health walks and insect identification, community water testing, and more. Breakfast will be provided. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Union Station Holiday Festival returns with over 40 vendors at this pop-up artisan marketplace. The event also features live music, craft beers and for the kids a Little Elves Workshop, a Christmas Wish List Station, and a special performance from the Bob Baker Marionette Theater. This event is free to attend.
3. [10 a.m.] Harvest Festival Original Art & Craft Show at the Fairplex Expo in Pomona is three days (Dec. 6-8) of original vendors showcasing handmade jewelry, blown glass, metalwork, photography, and much more just in time for the holidays.
4. [10 a.m.] DTLA Mini Maker Faire is a family friendly event that celebrates craftsmanship at The Los Angeles Central Library. A plethora of interactive displays, exhibits, art installations, and more will take place throughout the grounds. FREE
5. [10 a.m.] West Coast Craft comes to Los Angeles December 7-8 just in time for some holiday shopping. Walk through an outdoor market featuring over 300 craft makers on the South Lot at Skylight ROW DTLA. Free to attend.
6. [5 p.m.] Here and Now transforms it’s space into a holiday bar called Blitzen’s from December 3-31. Get transported to the the North Pole and enjoy 15 festival cocktails, a seasonal food menu with offerings like Christmas poutine, themed entertainment and more.
7. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
8. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] CAGES, a new pop-rock musical from duo Woolf and the Wondershow, comes to the Arts District from Dec. 5-21.
10. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group presents an all new holiday-horror-theatre attraction titled Dark Dark Ride Ride Holiday Nightmare. It’s a “wild ride through winter wonderHELL” that takes place Wednesdays through Saturdays from December 4-21.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Ring in the New Year at Skyspace, Los Angeles’ highest venue! Enjoy two floors of entertainment from three DJs, two open-air terraces, four-hour open bar, appetizers and unlimited Skyslide rides. VIP Booths are available on both floors and include admission for eight people, plus two bottles and three prix fixe appetizers for eight people. Make your plans now!