You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 10, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] For any and all D&D players out there: Miniature Mondays: In-shop Painting Sessions at Geeky Teas & Games in Burbank.
2. [3 p.m.] The UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and the UCLA Center for Chinese Studies present a special discussion: The Novel Coronavirus: What Do We Know and What’s Next? FREE
3. [4 p.m.] Mindful Monday: Cultivating Empathy and Connectedness at LACMA.
4. [7 p.m.] The Secret Show is a free comedy performance every second Monday of the month at The Blind Barber in Highland Park. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Eagle Rock Cocktail Club Presents: The Roaring 20’s at Relentless Brewing and Spirits.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Tiki Bar Comedy Show at the Bamboo Club in Long Beach. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Insight LA hosts their weekly Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Head to the Lodge Room in Highland Park for a Vegan Goth Dinner. Checker Hall Chef, Hovig Agpop will offers a three course vegan dinner while bloody clips from the movie American Psycho is played and Ceremony Chamber Orchestra will perform music from Nine Inch Nails, The Cure and more.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
10. [9 p.m.] The Pack Theatre in Hollywood presents The Inclusivity Improv Jam, a monthly show featuring marginalized players in the improv community. Happening every second Monday of the month, the show brings in secret special guests and is hosted by Tiffany Aleman, Fernando A Funes and Royce Shockley.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Wine Tasting an Chamber Music at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)