You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 9, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] Metro Art presents a free tour of Union Station this Sunday. Discover the art, architecture and closed off spaces not usually accessed by the public. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] The Annenberg Space For Photography is sharing four decades of Vanity Fair’s celebrity portraits from their annual Hollywood issues as well as captures from past Oscar night parties. It’s all part of their latest exhibit Vanity Fair: Hollywood Calling, opening on Feb. 8. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] PLAYTIME is a one-day Sunday Funday for grownups to act like a kid again. The experience includes interactive art installations, a community art project, nostalgic games, live entertainment, free food & drinks, and much more. The event benefits P.S. ARTS, a non-profit providing arts education to underprivileged children in LA.
4. [11 a.m.] One Love Cali Reggae Festival returns to the Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach on February 7-9 for its fourth annual music fest.
5. [noon] The monthly East LA Art Walk highlights independent artists, muralists, crafters and local businesses from the Eastside and its surrounding neighborhoods. This event is put on by the East LA Business Association of the 1st St corridor and is designed to be family friendly.
6. [4 p.m.] Three Weavers Brewing Co. in Inglewood is hosting an Oscars Watch Party featuring drink specials, a ballot contest, a costume contest, and more.
7. [4 p.m.] Bluebird Brasserie in Sherman Oaks is hosting an Oscars viewing party featuring happy hour beer pricing, prizes for guests who correctly guess Best Picture, Best Actor/Actress, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay. If your name Oscar (with ID) and also you’ll get a free statuette!
8. [6:45 p.m.] The Phantasmagoria was a form of early horror theater and it’s being resurrected February 7-9 at Heritage Square Museum. Guests will experience optical illusions of ghosts and other apparitions this immersive night set in the 1830s will have you exploring life and death with fellow macabre lovers.
9. [8 p.m.] Canary Lounge in Santa Monica is hosting a post-Oscars jazz night featuring music by Grammy-award winner Dave Yaden. Free admission. FREE
10. [various] Free Museum Day: Museum of Latin American Art, Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (all day)
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Wine Tasting an Chamber Music at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)