You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 11, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] L.A. Arboretum hosts Yoga in the Garden the class is a gentle and soothing one in tranquil location.
2. [6 p.m.] Escuela de Mezcal (Mezcal School) at Bar Calo in Echo Park is an opportunity for guests to discover, learn and taste different mezcals. Happening every Tuesday a different mezcal brand will be featured at half-off from 6-9 p.m.
3. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday January 31 till February 16.
4. [8 p.m.] Joel Anderson’s hit podcast Slow Burn will be performed live in L.A. with the focus on the tragic deaths of Tupac Shakur and Christopher “Biggie” Wallace. Anderson will interview the nation’s two experts on the murder investigations, Greg Kading and Randall Sullivan. Kading and Sullivan will discuss their competing theories about who killed rap’s two biggest stars and why.
5. [8 p.m.] Pub Trivia Night at Thirsty Merchant in North Hollywood.
6. [8 p.m.] Drunk on Stage at Akbar presents An Evening of Tragic (and hilarious) Showbiz Stories. No cover. FREE
7. [10:30 p.m.] Soul Sista Comedy Presents A Black History Improvised Musical at the UCB Sunset.
8. [11 p.m.] Heavy Heavy Low Low Comedy Show at Bar Lubitsch in West Hollywood. FREE
9. [various] Free Museum Day: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry National Center of the American West
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 11-23. Now in its 28th year, the festival is the largest black film festival in America.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Wine Tasting an Chamber Music at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)