You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Grand Park makes Valentine’s Day easy, affordable, and fun with LOVERS ROCK @GRAND PARK, a nod to the romantic, American Soul-influenced reggae music subgenre. Angelenos can enjoy a relaxed evening under the stars and groove to the sounds of DJs Danny Holloway and DJ Phersone while enjoying desserts and sweets from food trucks.
2. [6 p.m.] Ace Hotel in DTLA is offering several V-Day choices. Their restaurant, Best Girl, is offering a seafood feast. Upstairs is offering a DIY corsage and boutonniere station and free stand up comedy There’s also a preview screening of F*ck Yes season
3. [7 p.m] Watch Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck fall in love in Rome during Cinespia’s screening of the 1953 classic Roman Holiday at the opulent Los Angeles Theatre in DTLA.
4. [7:30 p.m.] During A Romantic Evening of Dance & Music at Union Station, enjoy a kizomba dance lesson, then dance to live music by Ricardo Lemvo y Makina Loca at one of Los Angeles’ most beautiful attractions.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Watch Diana Ross swan down the runway in the camp classic Mahogany, screening free at The Hammer in Westwood. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Listen to jazz with a French accent when Angel City Brewery hosts a night of Gypsy Jazz in the Arts District.
7. [8 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM, everyone’s favorite collision of Mexican masked wrestling, burlesque and comedy returns for Valentine’s Day with a two-night spectacle at Downtown Los Angeles’ Mayan Theater February 14-15.
8. [9:30 p.m.] Valentine’s Day Singles Mixer at UCB Franklin.
9. [various] Want more things to do on V-Day? Check out our list of 35 Things to do on Valentines Day for more ideas on how to celebrate this special day.
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can use the promo code LALOVERS to get a FREE Cocktails for Lovers consultation at Greenbar Distillery (valued over $200) as long as you register this February. Learn more at cocktailsforlovers.com.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.