You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 16, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Discover over 350 destinations from around the world, meet travel celebs like Rick Steves or Samantha Brown, learn how to pack well and decide where to go for your next trip during the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show at the LA Convention Center February 15-16. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 pa.m.] Artists & Fleas brings its pop-up makers market to Grand Central Market. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Everyone from all backgrounds are welcome to spend their Sunday celebrating Black history in America at Leimert Park Village. The event will include guest speakers, engagement workshops, food vendors, music, and more. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] SPRING/BREAK Art Show will head to Los Angeles from February 14 – 16 for the second year in a row at Skylight ROW DTLA, expect dozens of curated exhibitions each housed inside 800 and 200 square foot metal stalls that can and will also spill out onto the surrounding lot spaces.
5. [11 a.m.] Frieze Los Angeles is back at Paramount Pictures Studios for a three-day presentation of art from some of the most renowned galleries in the world. In addition to the art on display, special programming includes talks, films and artists’ projects, all housed on the backlot at Paramount.
6. [11 a.m.] Molcajete Dominguero at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes welcomes Angelenos to explore Latinx art, craft, clothing, food, and beverage vendors from Southern California this Sunday.
7. [noon] stARTup Art Fair comes to Kinney Venice Beach Hotel February 14 – 16 for an art exhibition that bypasses the traditional gallery system by taking over a hotel by hosting 80 artists works inside individual rooms. In addition to art, there will be music, performances, food and drink. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [5 p.m.] Fight for climate justice through dance! The Hammer museum will host a party to celebrate a greener future this Sunday featuring DJ’s, cocktails, vegan eats, artist activations, after-hours in the exhibits, experts ready to arm you with the tools to go green and much much more. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Comedian, actor, and filmmaker Whitmer Thomas stops by The Satellite with a few of his pals for a PALentines Day show with some stand up and songs this Sunday.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)