You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, February 15, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Discover over 350 destinations from around the world, meet travel celebs like Rick Steves or Samantha Brown, learn how to pack well and decide where to go for your next trip during the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show at the LA Convention Center February 15-16. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 a.m.] SPRING/BREAK Art Show will head to Los Angeles from February 14 – 16 for the second year in a row at Skylight ROW DTLA, expect dozens of curated exhibitions each housed inside 800 and 200 square foot metal stalls that can and will also spill out onto the surrounding lot spaces.
3. [11 a.m.] Frieze Los Angeles is back at Paramount Pictures Studios for a three-day presentation of art from some of the most renowned galleries in the world. In addition to the art on display, special programming includes talks, films and artists’ projects, all housed on the backlot at Paramount.
4. [noon] stARTup Art Fair comes to Kinney Venice Beach Hotel February 14 – 16 for an art exhibition that bypasses the traditional gallery system by taking over a hotel by hosting 80 artists works inside individual rooms. In addition to art, there will be music, performances, food and drink. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s festival for the lovelorn, the Broken Hearts Circus, returns to Downtown Los Angeles for a lively post Valentine’s Day bash. Enjoy stilt walkers, snake charmers, wire walking, sword swallowers, burlesque, food vendors, and more. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] The Groundlings Open House 2020 offers prospective students a first-hand look at class offerings while enjoying a day of fun, food, and entertainment. Highlights include three free one-hour shows (first-come, first-serve), $10 classes all day, giveaways and food trucks.
7. [1 p.m.] Long Beach Mardi Gras takes over Shoreline Village with a full day of music, dance, parades, and more. The party is free to attend and guests are encouraged to dress up. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] The South Pasadena Arts Crawl is an all ages free event featuring art exhibitions, activities, live music, open houses, food and drink specials throughout the business district on Mission Street, and adjacent blocks. FREE
9. [6 & 9 p.m.] Wanderlust in Hollywood is home to Mortified’s Doomed Valentine’s Show. Watch a bevy of brave adults read from their most embarrassing amour-inspired diaries, love letters, lyrics and poems from their teen years.
10. [8:30 p.m.] The St. Valentine’s Day Speakeasy Party & Pie Fight hosted by Roaring 20’s Street Jams is a throw back extravaganza with music, dance, cocktails, a staged reenactment of the historic St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and one epic pie fight to close out the night.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)