You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, President’s Day, Monday, February 17, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] HiKing-with-Friends is hosting a President’s Day hike to the Hollywood Sign Hike and Wisdom Tree. FREE
2. [1 p.m.] Celebrate Monday’s holiday at the President’s Day Penny Carnival happening in Santa Fe Springs. Guests can enjoy penny games and $3 eats.
3. [2 p.m.] Monday Matinees: David Lynch’s Wild at Heart in 35mm at the New Beverly Cinema.
4. [4 p.m.] CALIFORNIA SOL – A Rooftop Party At Ace Hotel DTLA. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Head to ArtBarLA for Artaholics Anonymous a weekly social drinking and doodling session starting at 7 p.m. All are welcome to bring their own supplies.
6. [7 p.m.] Insight LA hosts their weekly evening Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group.
7. [9 p.m.] This President’s Day Riviera 31 Bar & Lounge at Sofitel Los Angeles Beverly Hills will celebrate the music of David Bowie through resident jazz band Ryan Cross’ Jazz Eclectic performing a Ziggy Stardust Tribute. Special themed cocktails and a few surprise performances will also be part of the night. There is no admission fee to attend.
8. [11 p.m.] Queer World at UCB Franklin.
9. [various] American Guild of Organists, Los Angeles Chapter hosts an annual Organ Festival on President’s Day featuring free performances open to the public. This year’s schedule features performances throughout La Crescenta and La Canada Flintridge. FREE
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 11-23. Now in its 28th year, the festival is the largest black film festival in America.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)