You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday February 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Herschel sample sale from February 19-24 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Head to Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles to check out ‘Annie Leibovitz. The Early Years, 1970 – 1983: Archive Project No. 1,’ an extension of the 2017 survey of the same title presented by the LUMA Foundation at the festival Rencontres d’Arles, France. The exhibition features more than 4,000 photographs taken between 1970 and 1983, spanning the artist’s early photojournalistic work for Rolling Stone Magazine to some of her most iconic portraits. ‘The Early Years’ will remain on view through April 14, 2019. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] Non-profit organization Boundless Brilliance will host the all-women traveling film festival LUNAFEST at the Pasadena Central Library this Wednesday.
5. [7 p.m. ] Women’s Beer Forum is back at Eagle Rock Brewery this Wednesday with a special beer and chocolate pairing featuring delicacies from Valerie Confections.
6. [7 p.m.] Danny Jensen, author of “100 Things to Do in L.A. Before You Die,” will stop by OUE Skyspace for an evening on their iconic observation deck with 360-degree views from 1,000 feet above.
7. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Edison presents an Evening of Latin Jazz with guest band Orquesta Casabe. Dance instructor Charlene Rose will give free salsa lesson at 8 p.m. and the band plays at 9 p.m. There’s a $5 cover at the door.
9. [various] The 3rd Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 19 – 23 with a meal and screening of all eight “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2019.
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week returns February 14-24 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar