You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Herschel sample sale from February 19-24 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Head to Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles to check out ‘Annie Leibovitz. The Early Years, 1970 – 1983: Archive Project No. 1,’ an extension of the 2017 survey of the same title presented by the LUMA Foundation at the festival Rencontres d’Arles, France. The exhibition features more than 4,000 photographs taken between 1970 and 1983, spanning the artist’s early photojournalistic work for Rolling Stone Magazine to some of her most iconic portraits. ‘The Early Years’ will remain on view through April 14, 2019. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Ryan Bingham (Oscar and Grammy winner for ‘The Weary Kind’ featured in the film Crazy Heart) will perform a free set at Amoeba Hollywood this Tuesday. There will be a post-performance where attendees can purchase Bingham’s new album American Love Song. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m. ] Get some expert insights on modern Israeli cuisine from a Los Angeles chef. Lior Hillel of Bacari will be stopping by the Skirball Cultural Center for a cooking demonstration and tasting of his take on lamb kebabs with beet tahini.
5. [8 p.m.] The Walt Disney Concert Hall will host Chamber Music & Wine Tasting with The LA Philharmonic. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
6. [various.] Free admission at: Los Angeles County Arboretum, South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens
7. [various] From February 4 through March 1 The Grove will host “Award Nominated Date Night” in honor of awards season. Guests will enjoy an award-nominated film and a three-course dinner at The Grove, as well as valet parking for the evening for $70. This promo is available everyday.
8. [various] The 3rd Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 19 – 23 with a meal and screening of all eight “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2019.
9. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week returns February 14-24 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
10. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar