You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 24, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
SPECIAL NOTE: A Celebration of Life for Kobe & Gianna Bryant will be held at Staples Center starting at 10 a.m. Large crowds and congestion are expected in the downtown area leading up to and during the event, which will also include street closures. More info can be found here.
1. [2 p.m.] Monday Matinees: Badlands in 35mm at New Beverly Cinema.
2. [6 p.m.] Iconic Houses Lecture Series comes to Los Angeles at the historic Hollyhock House for a free talk highlighting The Melnikov House, designed by architect Konstantin Melnikov. The evening lecture will also include a pre-lecture self-guided tour of Hollyhock House. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Astronomy in 2020: The Great Debates Today hosted by The Carnegie Observatories at the Huntington Library. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Far Bar in Little Tokyo with hosting an Afro Futurism Drink and Draw event featuring a live costume model plus local artists drawing and creating works live that will send be for sale at the conclusion of the evening. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Varnish is hosting celebrating their 11th aniversary with a party featuring drink specials with Mount Gay Rum, The Botanist Gin, and Mulholland Distilling Vodka, plus. live music by Fusión Latina starting at 9 p.m.
6. [7 p.m.] Head to ArtBarLA for Artaholics Anonymous, a weekly social drinking and doodling session starting at 7 p.m. All are welcome to bring their own supplies.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for Star Trek Trivia Night where questions will cover all eras of the famous show, from the original series to the latest episode of Picard.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Dumb People Town at Largo explores and celebrate dumb people doing dumb things. The show is run by Randy Sklar, Jason Sklar and Daniel Van Kirk riffing on some of the craziest true crime stories. Hilarious guest on Monday include Will Arnett, Paul F. Tompkins and a super special musical guest!
9. [various] Dine like your’e part of Mardi Gras at Los Feliz restaurant Little Dom’s. From February 22-25 (Fat Tuesday) during dinner service guests will be treated to Gumbo, Soft Shell Crab Po’Boy, Boudin Balls, Beignets, King Cake, Cherry Daiquiris, Abita beer specials and much more.
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a host of specially priced prix fixe brunches, lunches and dinners from February 23-29.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix to Mamma Mia! at La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts (via Goldstar)