You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Stop by the Firecracker Festival in Los Angeles’ Chinatown for two days filled with friendly-competition, carnival games, food trucks and more.
2. [8 a.m.] There’s a Ferrari Cruise-In happening at the Petersen Automotive Museum this Sunday to celebrate Enzo Ferrari’s birthday. The cruise-in will take place on the 3rd floor of the museum’s parking structure and all cars, trucks, and motorcycles are welcome. Coffee and snacks will be free to all attendees.
3. [10 a.m.] Meet travel celebs like PBS’ Rick Steves and Samantha Brown, learn how to pack well and decide where to go for your next trip during the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center happening February 24-25. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10 a.m.] QuiltCon 2018 takes over the Pasadena Convention Center from February 22-25 to see over 550 modern quilts on display, shop from specialty vendors and attend workshops and lectures led by experts.
5. [1 p.m.] KPCC in Person Presents Airtalk’s FilmWeek: 2018 Oscar Preview at the Ace Hotel. Larry Mantle and the film critics of KPCC’s AirTalk will convene on the stage to discuss and debate this year’s Oscar nominees for a special taping in front of a live audience.
6. [6 p.m.] FLAX Project presents “The Dialectic of the Stars,” a free art festival taking place at five iconic venues in Los Angeles in the month of February. The festival will feature stimulating arts events incorporating cinema, music, mobile artworks, a concert of motorcycles, dance and more. This Sunday the event concludes at Zebulon with a screening of Animal Glisse and multiple performances. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Take in a few laughs at the end of the weekend at Cool Beans Comedy at the Ice House in Pasadena. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
9. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week 2.0 will host specially priced prix fixe lunches and dinners at some of the city’s best restaurants. From February 25 through March 3. To launch this seven-day culinary event, there will be a free Chef’s Cooking and Tasting Kick-Off on February 24 from noon to 4 p.m. at Friedmans Home Experience. Stella Artois will be hand to offer complimentary beer samples, while Blue Marble Cocktails will offer some pours of their own.
10. [various] The world’s first premium cinematic VR chair, Voyager will screen three critically acclaimed short films at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles from February 19-25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 tix to Air + Style at Snowboarding & Music Fest at Exposition Park
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.