You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Check out on the ongoing exhibit Recuerdos del futuro: Roaming Magu’s Chicano Dreams at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes.
2. [6 p.m.] Monday Jazz Nights at Le Petit Four.
3. [7 p.m.] Van Morrison at The Wiltern.
4. [8 p.m.] Letters Live, in which a slew of major celebrities hit the stage to read some of history’s most famous letters, is about to make its U.S. debut here in Los Angeles at The Theatre at Ace Hotel on Monday. Celebs participating include James Corden, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Hamill, Jarvis Cocker, Shirley Manson and more.
5. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angeles presents David Mamet in conversation with Ricky Jay at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater in Santa Monica.
6. [8 p.m.] Pub Trivia at the Red Lion Tavern.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Monday Night Residency of Jesus Sons at the Echoplex. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Hanging with Paul Scheer at Largo.
9. [9 p.m.] Motown Mondays at The Short Stop. FREE (with RSVP)
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week 2.0 will host specially priced prix fixe lunches and dinners at some of the city’s best restaurants. From February 25 through March 3. To launch this seven-day culinary event, there will be a free Chef’s Cooking and Tasting Kick-Off on February 24 from noon to 4 p.m. at Friedmans Home Experience. Stella Artois will be hand to offer complimentary beer samples, while Blue Marble Cocktails will offer some pours of their own.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.