You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] To celebrate National Pancake Day IHOP will offer a free short stack of pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to all dine-in guests at participating locations. Guests can also enter to win pancakes for life and other great pancake themed prizes. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Mixografia presents Wrong is Right: Remembering John Baldessari, an exhibition celebrating the late artist through his collaboration with local print publishers and Baldessari’s 1970s video works. The exhibit is on view through April 4, 2020. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Two Bit Circus is hosting a Beta Night allowing guests to play and test out new games for free, all they want is your feedback in exchange. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] The Original Farmers Market celebrates Fat Tuesday with live performances, Cajun grub and more.
5. [6 p.m.] Escuela de Mezcal (Mezcal School) at Bar Calo in Echo Park is an opportunity for guests to discover, learn and taste different mezcals. Happening every Tuesday a different mezcal brand will be featured at half-off from 6-9 p.m.
6. [6 p.m. There’s a Fat Tuesday Beer Dinner at Broxton Brewery this Tuesday. Chef Kyle Brown has created a prix fixe family style meal featuring cajun specialties like Fried Alligator and King Cake. The meal ranges $34 to $44 and beer is included.
7. [7 p.m.] The #SayCheeseShowcase at Grand Central Market pairs comedy with artisanal cheeses all for free! The event is hosted by a real life cheesemonger/comedian and features top funny guests ready to entertain. Show starts at 7 p.m. FREE
8. [various] Downtown L.A.’s Southern eatery Preux & Proper celebrates Fat Tuesday and the restaurants fifth anniversary this Tuesday. Enjoy items like a Louisiana Crawfish Boil, Cast Iron Seafood Gumbo Pot, Seasonal Rabbit Jambalaya, Po’ Boys and Preux & Proper’s famous Pâte à Choux Beignets with “Bananas Fosters” dulce de Leche and powdered sugar. Big Easy cocktails will be $5 from Copalli Rum Hurricanes to French 75!
9. [various] Dine like your’e part of Mardi Gras at Los Feliz restaurant Little Dom’s. From February 22-25 (Fat Tuesday) during dinner service guests will be treated to Gumbo, Soft Shell Crab Po’Boy, Boudin Balls, Beignets, King Cake, Cherry Daiquiris, Abita beer specials and much more.
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a host of specially priced prix fixe brunches, lunches and dinners from February 23-29.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix to Mamma Mia! at La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts (via Goldstar)