You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, February 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
2. [6 p.m.] The Art of Tech Vol. 2, an evening of VR experiences, projection mapping, music, and immersive art, at The Waterfront Venice.
3. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a conversation between author Tressie McMillan Cottom and author/cultural critic, Roxane Gay happening at The Hammer. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Self Help Graphics & Art hosts a special Compose LA event featuring a multimedia, participatory experience including a collective songwriting exercise and an exhibition of SHG serigraphs curated by Quetzal and UCLA professor and author Gaye Theresa Johnson. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Hannah Gadsby performs at Dynasty Typewriter.
6. [various] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
7. [various] Digital Nature 2019 comes to the L.A. Arboretum February 27 through March 3 for a dazzling display inspired by nature and technology. Artists works will be projected onto the arboretums lush landscape during the evening hours with interactive works that can include live music and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)8
8. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
9. [various] 100 Tactile exhibition is a sensory experience with objects and symbols through the sensation of touch. The immersive exhibit will be supported by visual and sound elements. Open now until March 30. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a host of specially priced prix fixe brunches, lunches and dinners from February 24 through March 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Tequila and Tacos Music Festival
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar