You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, March 10, 2020.
*** SPECIAL NOTE: On March 4, 2020 Los Angeles County declared a local health emergency in response to new Novel Coronavirus Activity (COVID-19). Per LA County’s press release, although individual risk of county residents contracting COVID-19 remains low, now is a good time to educate yourself on how the virus spreads and go over preparations you should make should the situation escalate, and more extreme measures (such as mandated social distancing) become a requirement. The County’s website has many excellent resources, including an F.A.Q. on COVID-19, and general steps you can take to stop the spread of illness, including a guide on proper hand washing. ***
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] FIDM Museum presents their annual “Art of Motion Picture Costume Design” exhibition from February 4 to March 21. Now in its 28th year the public can see costumes created by all five Academy Award nominees. Over 100 outstanding costume designs from 29 films in the past year will also be on display. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Stop by La Luz De Jesus Gallery located inside the Soap Plant/Wacko complex for Everything but the Kitschen Sync an annual juried exhibit of over 160 pieces from 70 artists. The exhibit runs through March 29, 2020. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] The Last NELA Tiki Tuesday at Sonny’s Hideaway in Highland Park (Sonny’s is closing).
4. [6 p.m.] Noodle pop-up super star Bang Bang Noodles will be serving their handmade Biang Biang Mian at Chinatown’s General Lee’s this Tuesday. They’ll be slinging noodles starting at 6 p.m. until they sell out (note: these guys are real famous and will sell out.) Stick around till 7 p.m. when Marie King of Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge will be shaking up refreshing tiki cocktails all night long.
5. [7 p.m.] The #SayCheeseShowcase at Grand Central Market pairs comedy with artisanal cheeses all for free! The event is hosted by a real life cheesemonger/comedian and features top funny guests ready to entertain. Show starts at 7 p.m. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Beyond Fest presents a free advance screening of new horror thriller The Hunt at The Egyptian Theatre. A discussion will follow with screenwriters Nick Cuse and Damon Lindelof. This is a first come first served event. Arrive early to try and secure seating. FREE
8. [various] Free Museum Day at Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry National Center of the American West. FREE
9. [various] The 22nd Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns for 10 nights March 6-15 of screenings. Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, Aero Theatre and American Legion Post 43 will all take park in the festival.
10. [various] Cava Discovery Week gives Angelenos a chance to taste and learn about the popular sparkling wine from Spain. Presented by D.O. Cava from March 9-15 top bars and restaurants will be offering curated food pairings, wine flights, and happy hour specials.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)