You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host an epic beauty event March 13-18 in Beverly Hills with Korean beauty skincare line Dr. Jart+, hair tool by ghd, and makeup brushes from Artis Brush all at a steep discount.
2. [6 p.m.] The Other Art Fair is coming the Majestic Downtown March 15-18. The one-of-a-kind art fair, will feature artwork by emerging local and international artists. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6 p.m.] Come help feed the hungry at The Burrito Project – South Pasadena’s third Thursday event. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Venice Art Crawl is a free community event that showcases local artists and vendors. The March 15 Art Crawl will take place on Windward Avenue. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Los Angeles magazine brings its third annual Whiskey Festival to Santa Monica’s Museum of Flying. Meet master distillers, sip the finest whiskeys, learn new cocktail recipes and experience new labels while you savor gourmet hors d’oeuvres, listen to live music and enjoy unique experiences.
4. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live returns to The Broad Stage in Santa Monica on March 15-16 with the live talk Between River & Rim: Hiking the Grand Canyon. In case you’re unfamiliar, Nat Geo Live is an international show that brings real-life nature experiences to local communities.
7. [8 p.m.] See local comedy/music group The Cooties play their first show of 2018 at The Resident in Downtown Los Angeles.
9. [8 p.m.]All My Single Friends is described as part comedy show and part live dating app taking place at the Copper Still. If you’re so over Tinder and Bumble check this show out where you’ll be in a room with some of LA’s best comedians and hottest singles.
8. [9 p.m.] Fischerspooner at the Fonda Theatre.
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can enter to win the ultimate DTLA Staycation via Greenbar Distillery just by Instramming one photo. Get details here!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.