Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (March 16-18) includes The Other Art Fair, The Los Angeles Zine And Art Book Bazaar, Arcade Expo, St. Patrick’s Day, L.A. Nature Fest, Sierra Madre Wistaria Festival, Cherry Blossom Festivals, L.A. Marathons and MUCH more.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday March 16th, 2018
1. The Other Art Fair is coming the Majestic Downtown March 15-18. The one-of-a-kind art fair, will feature artwork by emerging local and international artists. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. The Los Angeles Zine And Art Book Bazaar taking place March 16-18 hosts over 50 indie publishers to be discovered by Angelenos as well as workshops, live performances, psychic readings and astrology charting.
3. PAC-MAN and Donkey Kong fans rejoice because the Arcade Expo is returning the Museum of Pinball in Banning from March 16-18 with some 1,100 retro and modern arcade games and pinball machines.
4. Premiere TV festival PaleyFest LA returns to Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre March 16-25 for another year of cutting-edge programs and panels connecting television fans with the stars of their favorite shows. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Kick off St. Patrick’s Day with a midnight screening of Leprechaun at the Vista Theatre in Los Feliz.
6. National Geographic Live returns to The Broad Stage in Santa Monica on March 15-16 with the live talk Between River & Rim: Hiking the Grand Canyon. In case you’re unfamiliar, Nat Geo Live is an international show that brings real-life nature experiences to local communities.
7. 8th Annual Beyond Wonderland Festival happening March 16-17 in San Bernardino will feature over 70 performances, Alice and Wonderland themed immersive experiences, art, pyrotechnics and other expressive art forms.
8. ‘The Garden’ is a new series by the LA Phil offering complimentary pre-concert drinks and views of the DTLA Skyline followed by masterful performances. Taking place on select Fridays starting January 5 through June 1. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase to the actual concert. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Miista will host a major sample sale March 15-18 with current season, past favorites and samples of their highly sought after shoes with steep discounts.
10. Girls Nite Out For Laughs, brings together the funniest female comics to The Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Hosted by Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes the show features sets from Adele Givens, Loni Love, Melanie Comarcho, Sherri Shepherd and Jess Hilarious. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. Kick off St. Patricks day weekend with a Santa Monica pub crawl (March 16 and 17) the crawl includes drink specials at around a dozen venues along Main Street.
12. The Museum of Failure returns is back at a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. There’s a Blade 20th anniversary screening in 35mm at Vista Theatre this Friday.
14. Head to Hollywood for an epic St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl. Join hundreds of partygoers as you roam Hollywood for the best drink specials in town. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. Westsiders put on your best green and partake in the annual Santa Monica Luck of the Irish bar crawl March 16-17. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. 260LA will host an epic beauty event March 13-18 in Beverly Hills with Korean beauty skincare line Dr. Jart+, hair tool by ghd, and makeup brushes from Artis Brush all at a steep discount.
17. Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here and make a difference while you sip on a cocktail!
Saturday March 17th, 2018
18. Check out this list of 24 Fun Things To Do for St. Patricks Day we’ve curated! It’s an eclectic list of events that will satisfy any green wearing partygoer.
19. L.A. Nature Fest comes to The Natural History Museum L.A. (NHMLA) March 17-18 for two days of getting to know the local animals of our city. Say “hello” to an opossum, have lunch with a rattlesnake, and take a walk with a desert tortoise! Museum scientists will be on hand to answer all questions regarding the city’s nature. Both days will be filled with performances, hands-on activities, presentations, exhibitor booths, live animal presentations, stage performances and nature walks.
20. This year’s Sierra Madre Wistaria Festival features two days of fun . On Saturday, March 17 there will be a green living expo, beer garden, and music. Sunday, March 18 features the vine tours (free to enter, but a shuttle ticket is extra). Note that Sunday is the only day you’ll actually be able to view the vine.
21. Casey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival will shut down four blocks in downtown featuring DJs, dancing, Irish whiskey and beer, and more. The street fest will run from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
22. The 2018 West Covina Cherry Blossom Festival will feature a free festival with Japanese focused demonstrations, cuisine and more. FREE
23. The Cahuenga Block Party will feature live music, around a dozen DJs, two music areas, outdoor lounge areas, two bars, and food trucks in a 6000 square-foot venue. Hear live music from all-girl Guns N’ Roses tribute band Paradise Kitty, Pogues tribute Dirty Old Town, Satellite Sky, Peacock & The Feathers, Go-Go Riot and Bear Squared.
24. The N’owt but Stout Festival comes to Torrance’s Yorkshire Square Brewery for a St. Patty’s Day craft beer celebration featuring exceptional dark beers, on cask and keg, from breweries hand-selected by Yorkshire Square’s head brewer, Andy Black.
25. Angel City Brewery will also celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with corned beef tacos, delicious stout, Irish music, and more. At 5 p.m. Opera on Tap Los Angeles will take over Angel City Brewery with opera singers!
26. This 15-hour party at The Irish Times Pub in Palms starts with an Irish breakfast and then hours of live music (including Celtic tunes from Red Wing Social Club), Irish food, games and other festivities.
27. MiniBar Hollywood will host the second Hollywood Crawl of Fame, a St. Patrick’s Day Parade/bar crawl making its way through Hollywood. The event will include live Irish music, along with a party at the end of the crawl.
28. Annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration at The Original Farmers Market is a free family friendly Irish-themed day featuring Irish fare, drinks and traditional music like a strolling bagpiper.
29. Checkout a St. Patricks Day block party and pub crawl in the heart of Hollywood. Guest will receive a St. Patrick’s Day kit with drink coupons, a map and free welcome shot vouchers. Other highlights include DJs, dancing and drink specials.
30. Harvelle’s in Long Beach is hosting a Gettin’ Lucky Burlesque show in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. Taking place on March 17 at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., each performance will feature sultry burlesque alongside fun comedy.
31. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an epic pub crawl throughout Downtown Los Angeles, partygoers will have a chance to visit ten or more bars with music, hundreds of beers on tap and photo booths. Each attendee will receive a wristband, map of the crawl, free welcome shots, drink discounts and free entry at participating venues.
32. One Colorado in Old Town Pasadena will host a fun filled day of Irish dance lessons, family crafting and a Pasadena Scots March & Drum performance.
33. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a whiskey tasting and education at Vertical Wine Bistro in Old Town Pasadena. The class features an introduction to whiskey basics, interactive tasting of four different whiskeys and includes appetizers served throughout the class.
34. LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes will host a special screening of DOLORES a documentary featuring the story of Dolores Huerta, co-founder of the first farm workers union with Cesar Chavez. The outdoor event includes a program with Dolores Huerta and a musical performance by Louie Cruz Beltran. FREE
35. The Music Center presents Shakespeare’s timeless classic Romeo & Juliet performed by The Joffrey Ballet at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
36. On Deck Comedy Show at the Nerdist Showroom at Meltdown Comics will feature six comedians and all guests are free to BYOB!
Sunday March 18th, 2018
37. The Huntington Beach Cherry Blossom Festival returns for another year of flower appreciation, Japanese cultural activities and community fun. Highlights include a tea ceremony, live music from the River Academy of Music, classical Japanese dance, calligraphy, origami, face painting and craft booths. FREE
38. The Los Angeles Marathon is back for another year of racing from “the stadium to the sea” across our magical city. Thousands of runners will begin at 6:30 a.m. at Dodger Stadium. From there, participants will run along the course to Downtown L.A. all the way to Santa Monica. In addition, Angel City Brewery will host a free morning dance party at Hollywood and Highland to help cheer on the runners with DJ Michael Rockstar.
39. Head to the westside for the closing reception of L.A. Femme at Santa Monica’s Merchant Modern Gallery. The show features all-female artists and guests will enjoy wine tastings poured by certified sommelier and Vinovore owner, Coly Den Haan and local bites from Lori Stern and coffee from Canyon Coffee. FREE
40. Pedal in swan-shaped boats at Echo Park Lake! The upgraded fleet of swan-shaped pedal boats are available for rental and cost $11 per hour for adults and $6 per hour for children (ages 2-17).
41. Smorgasburg LA returns this Sunday to DTLA for another round of awesome eats from some of the best local chefs without a brick and mortar. It’s free to get into the open air food and shopping market.
42. Heavy Heavy Low Low Comedy returns to Bar Lubitsch this Sunday. FREE
43. The Shaolin Festival in Rosemead will feature martial arts demonstrations by the SoCal Shaolin Kung Fu Schools, meditation sessions, wellness exhibits, Kung Fu lessons, a tea ceremony and tasting, gift bags and more. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]