You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, March 2, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes latest exhibit “afroLAtinidad: mi casa, my city” helps visitors step into a recreated Afro-Latinx home and explore the personal objects of a Afrolatinidad family living in Los Angeles. The exhibit closes on July 20, 2020 FREE
2. [2 p.m.] Monday Matinees: Passenger 57 in 35mm at New Beverly Cinema.
3. [6:30 p.m.] The Sidewalk Astronomers returns to the Central Library in Burbank on Monday night with telescopes outside the library for the public to get a close-up look at the moon and other visible planets. They’ll also stop by with the same set-up on Tuesday at the Buena Vista Library. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Board Game Night at Common Space Brewery in Hawthorne.
5. [7 p.m.] California African American Museum hosts a Town Hall For Freedoms Congress, curated by Sankofa.org to unites artists and activists for discussions on freedom of speech in anticipation of the 2020 Presidential Election. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Jazz Night: USC Thornton Concert Jazz Orchestra at the Carson Television Center. Free and open to the public. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Artist Bingyi and curators Stephen Little, Wan Kong, and Einor K. Cervone will discuss “Where the Truth Lies: The Art of Qiu Ying” at LACMA.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Kibitz Comedy is a free weekly comedy show at Canter’s Deli. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Motown On Mondays LA featuring guest Tuandigglz at The Short Stop.
10. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to L.A. TACO’s Birriamania (via Goldstar)