You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Celebration returns to the California African American Museum for an evening of art, food trucks, music, and more. The Opening Celebration includes Adia Millett: Breaking Patterns, The Liberator: Chronicling Black Los Angeles, 1900–1914, Plumb Line: Charles White and the Contemporary, and Aspects of Nude: Selections from the Permanent Collection. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen 42at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
5. [7 p.m.] Women Warriors: A Celebration & Protest Through Writing at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum will host a free screening of Sundance award winner MATANGI/MAYA/M.I.A. a documentary that follows Sri Lankan–born artist M.I.A. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will offer We Like L.A. readers free tickets to their new show, “Faith Healer” by Brian Friel. Use the promo code WELIKELA2019 to get your free tickets for show on dates: Wednesday, March 20 at 8 p.m., Thursday, March 21 at 8 p.m., Friday, March 22 at 8 p.m. FREE
8. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
9. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – 24 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Dolby Theatre March 15 – 24 for a 10-day television festival featuring stars and creators from some of your favorite TV shows. PaleyFest is a culmination of screenings, panel discussions, Q&A’s and behind-the-scenes looks of a variety of TV shows you know and love.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix to Street Food Cinema at the Million Dollar Theatre
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar