You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] JAPAN HOUSE presents a new series called “Movie & Bites” a screening and tasting event featuring acclaimed food stylist Nami Iijima and 2009 comedy film “The Chef of South Polar. Iijima was the food stylist for the movie and guests will be treated to dishes straight from the film.
3. [7 p.m.] Harry Potter can be religious text for some and Harry Potter and the Sacred Text Podcast takes it to a whole other level when they take their podcast live to the Bootleg Theater this Thursday.
4. [7 p.m.] Forest Lawn Glendale will host a community event with The Glendale Historical Society allowing guests to get a glimpse of the secret locked gardens on the property. The two-day seminar and tour is hosted on Thursday and Saturday. Tickets are available through the Glendale Historical Society website
5. [7 p.m.] Lord of the Rings trivia night at Horse Thief BBQ in DTLA.
6. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftops of LEVEL in DTLA and NeueHouse in Hollywood with multiple screenings this week that include The Greatest Showman, Bohemian Rhapsody: Sing-along and more.
7. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will offer We Like L.A. readers free tickets to their new show, “Faith Healer” by Brian Friel. Use the promo code WELIKELA2019 to get your free tickets for show on dates: Wednesday, March 20 at 8 p.m., Thursday, March 21 at 8 p.m., Friday, March 22 at 8 p.m. FREE
8. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – 24 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
9. [various] Free admission at: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Dolby Theatre March 15 – 24 for a 10-day television festival featuring stars and creators from some of your favorite TV shows. PaleyFest is a culmination of screenings, panel discussions, Q&A’s and behind-the-scenes looks of a variety of TV shows you know and love.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix to Street Food Cinema at the Million Dollar Theatre
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar