You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Odyssey: A Grand Tasting & Exploration of Greek Wines comes to the Petersen Automotive Museum with nine award-winning wineries spanning Greece, from the Islands to the north. Taste wines made from indigenous grapes found only in Greece and meet all the winemakers. All proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to LA Kitchen.
2. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen Moneyball at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The PaleyFest will host a talk with the cast of The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon.
5. [ 7:30 p.m.] Art Battle takes over the Exchange LA for a battle with 16 artists battling it out to become a champion. Artists will get 20 minutes to transform blank canvases into breath taking art. Then guests will vote and help crown the winner.
6. [7:30 p.m.] There is a conversation at the HAMMER about the complicated relationship between nature and cities. The expert panel will discuss cohabitation, future challenges and much more. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angeles presents Kareem Abdul-Jabbar discussing his book,”Becoming Kareem: Growing Up On and Off the Court” at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater in Santa Monica.
8. [8 p.m.] The Edison presents an evening of Latin Jazz. Guests will enjoy food, a salsa lesson, Mezcal inspired cocktails as well as sounds from La Verdad.
9. [various] In honor of J.S. Bach’s birthday, Bach in the Subways returns to L.A. March 21-25 with free performances at Union Station, North Hollywood, Glendale, and other public venues. The events are highlighted by a 10-hour Bach Marathon at Union Station on March 24.
10. [various] A free, interactive Ready Player One pop-up lands in Hollywood March 18 to April 1. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.